
Lately it's been my pleasure to be meeting with and talking face to face(always the best way) with many artists(religious and not) about DC/AC. We've also been receiving many messages. The majority of responses have been positive, but the same questions are being asked,usually just re-phrased a bit.
So, I'll start there and ask a few questions too. It would be helpful to get some public feedback here. Not for attention, but for more clarity.
And as always... I will answer any and all questions, here in a public forum or face to face, over food and drinks.
I may be a shy and private person, but I love people, food and conversation.
Why Kenosha and not your own neighborhood?
Simple... I Love Kenosha! The people, the food, the lake-front and the art scene! Everyday I'm getting older and someday plan to nevertire and move to Kenosha. But for now, it's not that far and I work in the area.
My Family and I live in Northern Illinois and friends have asked me to help start something like DC/AC around here. The truth is, there are artists and art events but not much of a community of artist. A side note... Lake County is very affluent, I feel there are more art buyers than artists. Also, Chicago is pretty close and I hear they have a couple of galleries.
Having said that, I am investigating the possibilities.
Now a question for the readers...
Do you Love Kenosha?
Everyday I try to stretch my comfort zone and ask young people in town the same question, Want to guess what the answer usually is?
How about from the artistic types?
Yeah... You guessed it...
"The Grass Is ALWAYS Greener", elsewhere!
A unified community can change that!
Why should Kenosha change?
As an "outsider" I'm told TWO conflicting things...
Kenosha IS changing (experiencing a renaissance)!
Or...
You just don't understand... Kenosha will NEVER change!
It's cursed to be inhabited by under-educated, uncultured, beer drinkin', hard rock, metal, and country lovin', (deep breath)...over religious, working class stiffs!
The truth is...
For Better or Worse, Kenosha IS changing!
My question is...
Do you believe it's in your power to change it for the Better?
If your answer is No... DC/AC is not for you.
If your answer is Yes... Another question...
What would make Kenosha "better"?
I have some ideas, but really, maybe I don't know...
So please, educate me.(that wasn't sarcasm).
Why did you contact me and/or... Why are you harassing me?
Again, a simple answer.
Every One of my "friends" were invited or accepted because I truly LOVE and APPRECIATE their Offerings of Art!
Or...
I believe in what they are attempting as a group humanitarian effort to create a "better" world!
If I contacted you personally, it was because of your exceptional talent and what you have already accomplished in inspiring me personally and Kenosha as a community!
Your addition to DC/AC would be an integral part of the whole vision of "Living Art"!
Religion and Art don't mix... So why try?
More artists that are regarded as "Masters" would disagree and I usually let them make that argument for me!
Many "experts" more wise and knowledgeable than me, believe that we are a Trinity of... Body, Mind and Spirit/Soul!
My life's journey and experiences have taught me...
Accept, Reject or Deny it, but I am intimately embraced by The Divine!
I believe we ALL are!
But Free Will gives us the right to choose to "believe it or not" and live out our choices accordingly.
DC/AC wants to create a safe environment for dialogue and fearlessly exploring what we believe and why we make the choices we do.
Choices, that many times leave us hurt, alone and frightened.
Always hoping and dreaming of a "better life" but settling for less.
To be clear... I am not condemning organized religions.
They are best judged by their fruit.
I usually reserve judgement and if your faith "works for you"... So be it!
If it doesn't seem to "work for you", you're invited to the party.
DirectCurrent will not compromise the "spiritual" part of the vision.
Last, but not least... Are YOU an artist?
DirectCurrent is meant to be a creative, collaborative/collective.
To be a functioning part of the weekly "party", one must be willing to check their ego or individual identity at the door for the good of the whole.
Now I've been told and I DO understand that many artist are unable to do so.
I am looking for artists that are willing and able to do just that.
DC/AC is not about me. But, because it was asked...
Except for the upcoming contributions (feel free to submit anything),
I am the author of this blog and I may not be very good at it, but writing and poetry is still an art form, and I'm using it to express myself.
Now I wasn't trying an attempt at humility. I did write (not too clearly) that I've attempted many forms of art. I've been a musician/songwriter, writer/poet, painter(oils and acrylics), sculptor(metal and clay), some photography, I've operated lights and sound for music,theater and dance, I'm in awe of stained glass artistry and woodworking and I'm also interested in the healing arts (massage and energy) as well.
So now I'll confess my "deep, dark secret"...
You see,over the last twenty five years I've been troubled.
Much of my work was stolen while in storage in California.
Some was lost, some destroyed and what was left, I gave away.
The lesson I learned was very valuable to me as an artist.
All of it was vanity... A vapor... Chasing The Wind.
But the most disturbing thing for me was...
All those mediums were not wooing me much anymore anyway.
I was in distress.
But my Muse returned with healing and a vision...
To attempt to create Living Art!
DirectCurrent is my invitation for willing artists, to create it as well...
Come As You Are!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home